“What Does God Want Me To Do With My Life?” is the theme for an Orthodox Christian student retreat on November 5-7 in Fishers, Indiana.
All Orthodox Christian college students are invited. The conference will include a keynote talk on Saturday morning by Fr. Peter Gillquist, a founding leader of the Campus Crusade for Christ and Evangelical Orthodox Church. Fr. Gillquist is currently director of missions and evangelism for the Antiochian Orthodox Church. The retreat master will be Fr. James Ellison, pastor of St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Urbana, Illinois, and adviser to Orthodox students at the University of Illinois. Several University of Illinois students will attend the conference.
On February 21 Orthodox Churches commemorated the The Triumph of Orthodoxy by reciting the Synodikon Proclamation of the Seventh Ecumenical Council:
As the prophets beheld, as the Apostles have taught, as the Church has received, as the Teachers have dogmatized, as the universe has agreed, as grace has shown forth, as truth has revealed, as falsehood has been dissolved, as wisdom has presented, as Christ awarded: thus we declare, thus we assert, thus we preach Christ our true God and honor his saints in words, in writings, in thoughts, in sacrifices, in churches, in holy icons; on the one hand worshipping and reverencing Christ as God and Lord, and on the other hand honoring them as true servants of the Lord of all and accordingly offering them veneration.
- IOCC Frontliners Respond to Tornado Survivors in Central OklahomaFr. Srdjan and Mr. Claypool, members of the IOCC Emergency Response Network, or Frontline, were dispatched together with IOCC US Country Representative, Dan Christopulos, to central Oklahoma on May 22 to ascertain how IOCC might most appropriately respond on behalf of Orthodox Christians to the needs of those affected by the recent tornado. The team met with […]
- IOCC Responds To Victims Of Oklahoma City TornadoesAs survivors sift through the devastation left behind by tornadoes that ripped through Oklahoma City and claimed the lives of 24 people, nine of them children, please join IOCC in praying for the families and lost loved ones. IOCC has been in contact with the Orthodox community in the Oklahoma City area as well as its ecumenical partners and is assessing the […]
- Samer Laham of The Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Antioch and All The East Named 2013 InterAction Humanitarian of The YearThe leader of one of the largest humanitarian efforts in Syria has been named 2013 Humanitarian of the Year by InterAction, an alliance of more than 180 U.S.-based international relief organizations. Samer Laham is a driving force inside Syria, providing vital humanitarian assistance to those in need without regard to religious, ethnic, or political affiliat […]
- IOCC Receives $1.5 Million Gift To Advance Clean Water Access In AfricaInternational Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) announced the establishment of the Katherine Valone "St. Photini" Water Program to advance projects that provide safe, healthy and reliable water resources to communities in need in Africa. The $1.5 million gift, the largest single private donation in the history of IOCC, was a bequest from the late […]
- Born Into Uncertainty, Syria's Youngest Refugees Struggle To SurviveSamira, 32, was eight months pregnant when she was forced to flee her home in Syria with her six small children. After a grueling 12-hour journey, Samira and her children arrived at a settlement in western Lebanon's Bekaa Valley with nothing other than her identity papers. They now live in a crudely constructed tent of wood and billboard vinyl, with a s […]
- Wallflux Atom Feed DemonstrationWallflux: This is a demonstration version of the Wallflux Atom Feed. You can style this Wallflux using CSS-styling.If you have questions or remarks about the Wallflux Atom Feed, or if you want to register your Wallflux, contact us through http://wallflux.com/contact/ […]
- Group wall post by Victor FrunzaVictor Frunza: Hope to see you this weekend! It's gonna be great!1(1 week 2 days ago) […]
- Group wall post by Karen ChristoffKaren Christoff: 6(2013-05-08) […]
- Group wall post by Karen ChristoffKaren Christoff: +++ Pascha versus Easter +++ Correctly, Orthodox Christians refer to the Great and Holy Feast of Pascha as "Pascha" and not "Easter." Although cynics and pagans and heretics believe and teach otherwise, none of the Feasts and customs of our Holy Orthodox Church, which is the Holy Body of Christ, have pagan origins. Since […]
- Link: Russian icons at Knights of Columbus Museum / OrthoChristian.ComKonstantin Rysyanin: Appreciate.(2013-05-01) Russian icons at Knights of Columbus Museum / OrthoChristian.Com […]