“What Does God Want Me To Do With My Life?” is the theme for an Orthodox Christian student retreat on November 5-7 in Fishers, Indiana.
All Orthodox Christian college students are invited. The conference will include a keynote talk on Saturday morning by Fr. Peter Gillquist, a founding leader of the Campus Crusade for Christ and Evangelical Orthodox Church. Fr. Gillquist is currently director of missions and evangelism for the Antiochian Orthodox Church. The retreat master will be Fr. James Ellison, pastor of St. Nicholas Orthodox Church in Urbana, Illinois, and adviser to Orthodox students at the University of Illinois. Several University of Illinois students will attend the conference.
With Special Guest Speaker Dr. Maria Khoury
Concelebration of the Akathist Hymn to the Theotokos
Friday, March 19, 6 p.m.
- IOCC Aid Reaches Families Isolated By Typhoon Haiyan's FuryAn Orthodox priest looks on in disbelief as a survivor of Typhoon Haiyan leads them through the remains of his home in a remote area of Leyte Province in the Philippines. For nearly two weeks, thousands of storm survivors cut off from the rest of the country endured hunger, thirst and exposure as they waited in desperation for aid they feared wouldn't c […]
- Winter Weather Brings New Worries To Syria's Displaced FamiliesThis young displaced Syrian mother of two now living in the southern city of Dara'a carries away new thick blankets and bedding provided to her by International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) in cooperation with church partner, the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Antioch and All the East (GOPA). As Syria's night time temperatures dip closer to […]
- IOCC Responds To Victims Of Super Typhoon HaiyanJust four days after the most powerful tropical storm ever to make landfall blasted across the Philippines with wind speeds up to 195 miles per hour, the country is faced with the devastating loss of thousands of lives and millions of survivors across 41 provinces in a desperate search for food, water and shelter. International Orthodox Christian Charities ( […]
- Super Typhoon Leaves Path Of Destruction In The PhilippinesOne of the most powerful storms to ever make landfall has slammed into the Philippines, setting off landslides, cutting off power and communications across the country, and forcing nearly 720,000 people to evacuate from towns and villages in Typhoon Haiyan's path. International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) is reaching out through partners to asse […]
- Archbishop Ieronymos Announces IOCC Aid To Greek HospitalsHis Beatitude Archbishop Ieronymos of Athens and All Greece recently met with the Greek Minister of Health, Adonis Georgiadis, to announce support for Greek hospitals with the shipment of five containers of medical supplies valued at nearly $4 million. The Archbishop was joined by Apostoli General Director, Constantinos Dimtsas and IOCC Program Coordinator i […]
- Group wall post by Michael ZachariadesMichael Zachariades: 1(4 days ago) […]
- Link: NEXT SATURDAY, NOV. 23-BAKE SALEChristina Petercheff-Young: Mark your calendars for this Saturday. Bake sale at St. Stephen Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox Church starting at 9am. Also having a bean soup luncheon. Come get your Thanksgiving goodies!!(2 weeks ago) […]
- Group wall post by Mina MakarMina Makar: (2 weeks ago) […]
- Group wall post by Charles BlanchardCharles Blanchard: On November 10, St Mary Orthodox Church in Greenwood will be holding a pre-Advent luncheon after the Liturgy. Visitors are VERY welcome, especially if you live in the South Indianapolis, Greenwood/Johnson County, Shelbyville, or Martinsville areas.2(1 month ago) […]
- Group wall post by Richard BarrettRichard Barrett: From The Saint John of Damascus Society: "Networks of Echoes" is this week! Our composers will start arriving on Thursday, and by Friday afternoon they will be hard at work. Saturday evening will be a great opportunity to be a fly on the wall for a conversation about a work in progress and the bigger issues underpinning it. Hope yo […]